"The log cabin was extremely clean and charming, and even though we are from the South Hills of Pittsburgh, we felt like we were transported to a completely different place. Tara and John were both extremely helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was amazing! We could not have asked for a better experience."
The Log Cabin—the larger of the two suites—is built from hand-hewn logs of Appalachian white pine and wide-planked wooden floors. Because of its unique construction, or perhaps because of its not-too-big, not-too-small size, the log cabin has been a favorite of our returning guests. Its colorful, Adirondack décor, wood-burning fireplace and king-size featherbed are just a few reasons guests consistently request this cozy suite.
The cabin has a living room and library on the main floor. A master bedroom and bath on an upper level are accessed by a spiral staircase. For this reason, the log cabin is not appropriate for small children or guests with limited mobility.
From the living room, the staircase leads downstairs to a separate bedroom with two extended twin beds and a full bathroom. Guests traveling with up to two additional friends or family members may rent this lower level for an additional fee, but in no case is this level ever rented apart from the main cabin itself.
Guests are treated to breakfast at a harvest table in the log cabin’s library.
The log cabin's amenities include:
· Wood-burning fireplace and firewood
· A complete library stocked with hundreds of books and audiobooks
· Satellite HDTV and DVD
· Walk-in shower in master bedroom and tub/shower in lower-level bedroom
· Dorm-size refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker
· Free wireless Internet
Rates for the Log Cabin
· $210 plus tax for one night
· $195 plus tax for two or more nights
· Single occupancy is $10/night less
· Additional $50/night for a third person and $75/night for a fourth person